By Michelle Reese
It’s cookie season! December 4 may have been the official National Cookie Day, but the entire holiday season gives plenty of excuses to eat delicious baked goods. We asked Bucks County’s The Happy Mixer to share a favorite holiday cookie recipe, so that you could make these tasty treats in your own kitchen.
Raspberry Filled Holiday Butter Cookies
Note: The Happy Mixer is a completely gluten-free bakery, but you could also make these cookies with all-purpose flour.
2 cups – All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
1 tsp – Salt
½ tsp – Baking Powder
1 cup – Sugar
1 ½ Sticks – Butter (Room Temperature)
1 tsp – Vanilla
1 – Large Egg
- Raspberry Jam
- Dark melting chocolate (Gluten Free)
- Red and Green or Blue and White Sprinkles (Gluten Free)
- Whisk together gluten free flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar together with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to your batter in low gear. Mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for at least 1 hour. (May refrigerate for 2 days)
- Use about 1 TBSP of cookie dough per cookie and roll into balls.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet leaving room for expansion, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Pull when cookies are golden brown around the edges and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, put a teaspoon of raspberry jam on smooth bottom side of half the cookies; then place the other half of the cookies on top to make a sandwich cookie.
- Finally, melt your dark chocolate wafers in a bowl according to instructions on the bag. Dip the butter cookies half way into the chocolate, then set them on parchment paper and add your sprinkles while the chocolate is still warm.
- Allow the chocolate to dry and ENJOY!!
- **Option for Children** – – Simply dip each cookie half way into melted chocolate and then add sprinkles for cookies without jam filling
The Happy Mixer is THE go-to gluten free bakery for the holidays! Their most popular holiday goodies are their fruit-filled Kiffles (voted best dessert by GlutenFreePhilly.com), monkey bread and pies. If you’re thinking, “But I’m not gluten free…” you should know that The Happy Mixer was voted a Finalist in our 2018 Bucks Happening List for Best Bakery. (And that’s competing against ALL bakeries in the area, not just gluten-free!) In addition to gluten-free treats, they also have several vegan options that are dairy free, egg free and soy free. Everything is made fresh daily, starting in the morning and refreshed throughout the day. While visiting the bakery in Chalfont or Newtown is the best way to view the entire selection, Happy Mixer products are also available at select Landis Supermarkets, Jules Thin Crust in Doylestown and North Wales, Henning’s Market in Harleysville and Weaver’s Way on Germantown Avenue. Many of the baked goods can also be shipped throughout the United States.
The Happy Mixer
New Britain Village Square Shopping Center
4275 County Line Road
Chalfont, PA 18914
Summit Square Shopping Center
12 Summit Square
Langhorne, PA 19047