These “Keep Cool” Tips are presented by Hillis Public Adjusters. Hillis Public Adjusters are property damage experts. Hillis advises and assists commercial and residential insurance policyholders through the overwhelming task of submitting an insurance claim. They specialize in exposing the damages that often get overlooked by insurance companies while interpreting ambiguous insurance policies, helping clients get the money they need to rebuild their lives. Hillis has successfully settled over 50,000 property damage claims, including flood damage and other types of property damage , for over 30 years. Contact Hillis at 1-800-HILLIS-1.
The heat is on this summer! We know that Bucks Happening readers aren’t the type to sit inside all day by the AC. Instead, we put together a list of our favorite ways to stay cool this summer in & around Bucks. What are your secrets to staying cool in Bucks County?
1. Spend the day at a water park: We are lucky enough to be surrounded by outstanding water parks. Spend the day at Sesame Place right in Langhorne or take the short drive to Hurricane Harbor or Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom.
2. Stay cool & relax river tubing at Bucks County River Country. The Delaware River waters hover around a refreshing 80 degrees all summer long, and you can sit back & relax as the waters pull you along at an average speed of 1.5 mph.
3. Go swimming at a local pool! Options includes Belmont Hills Swimming Pool in Bala Cynwyd, Hatboro Memorial Swimming Pool, Towamencin Municipal Swimming in Lansdale, and Upper Gwynedd Townships Parkside Place Park just off Sumneytown Pike.
4. Take a day trip to the beach! Head east to any of these fantastic destinations.
5. Grab a drink after work at 86 West, where you can keep cool enjoying a cocktail over ice standing beneath one of their outdoor misters.
6. Drastic times call for drastic measures. When you just can’t stand the heat any longer, head over to an indoor ice skating rink to cool down . Try Grundy’s in Bristol or Warwick Ice & BC Ice Sports in Warminster.
7. Escape to the Movies! Whether you’re going to the County Theater or heading to the multiplex for the latest summer blockbuster, a cold, dark movie house is the perfect escape from summer heat. If you want to try something a little different, check out the Acme Screening Room in Lambertville, NJ.
8. Cool off with a few scoops of mouth-watering ice cream. Try some of our Happening List “Ice Cream” winners.