According to a Gartner Research study, for every hour spent on employee training, five hours of productivity are saved per year.
Luckily, Bucks County businesses have an amazing resource in their own backyard: professional educators who offer a wide range of training resources at Bucks County Community College’s Center for Workforce Development.
Experts will help you identify the most beneficial training opportunities for improving your business. Drawing from a robust network of industry professionals, Bucks can tailor programs to your specific needs to offer the best training at competitive rates.
Professional development is an important component in demonstrating to your employees that you recognize their talent, dreams, and convictions. This rings especially true with millennials, now the largest generational group in the U.S. workforce at about 1-in-3. A Gallup Research report explained, “For millennials, work must have meaning. They want to work for organizations with a mission and a purpose.”
Training opportunities at the Center for Workforce Development include:
- Industry-specific skills such as: Construction Estimating, Management and Supervisory Series; Electrical Pre Apprenticeship Program; Green Technician Basics/Technical Core Skills; Sustainable Building Advisors Program; Large Wind Turbine Technician; Mechanical Maintenance/Mechatronics Technician Fast Start and many more. (Certain programs prepare individuals for industry standard certification or state licensure examinations.)
- Business-specific customized courses and job training programs
- Computer skills
- Professional/personal development
- Lean Six Sigma
- Project Management
- ServSafe® for food professionals, English and Spanish
- Courses for Entrepreneurs
- Technical Writing
Contact Susan Herring, Director of Workforce Development, at 215-968-8364 or email [email protected] for a free consultation. Ask about sourcing and application for funding of your company’s training initiatives.