Peddler’s Village invites scarecrow creators of all ages to enter the 38th Annual Scarecrow Competition and Display! Participants may enter submissions in six scarecrow categories for the chance to win great prizes from cash awards to a Birthday Party at Giggleberry Fair! The colorful, larger-than-life scarecrow creations will be on display at Peddler’s Village from Monday, September 11 through Sunday, October 29, 2017. The deadline to enter is Wednesday, September 6, 2017. The public votes for their favorites from Monday, September 11, 2017 throughMonday, October 9, 2017,
Don’t delay to register for one or more of the following categories:
- NEW! Out of this World Scarecrow: Uncover your crop circles and conspiracy theories to create your best futuristic alien scarecrow.
- Thrills with Chills: Think outside the mask by creating a scarecrow that scares. You’re only limited by your darkest nightmares.
- Group: Make your scarecrow a group project—school, church, office, club, scout troop, community, etc. Put on your thinking caps and conjure up a winner! Great project for schools or camps!
- Quite the Character: Create a scarecrow interpretation of your favorite book, television or movie character—human, animal or animated!
- Traditional: Pay homage to the scarecrows that have been “scaring crows” from farmers’ fields for centuries in this category. Utilize old cloth, straw and natural supplies.
- Kids Only! Scarecrow, Sponsored by Giggleberry Fair: This category is for our 12 and under guests. Choose your favorite Superhero or Princess to have your child create a scarecrow that he or she would love!
Contestants must register to enter the competition no later than Wednesday, September 6, and plan to install their scarecrows for outdoor public display in the Village on Sunday, September 10.
Entry forms with the official competition rules and regulations are available at the Peddler’s Village Hospitality Center in the lobby of the Cock ‘n Bull Restaurant or click here to download the form on the Peddler’s Village website.
Please email your entry form to [email protected] or mail your completed registration form to: Peddler’s Village Marketing Department, Attn: Scarecrow Competition, PO Box 218, Lahaska, PA 18931.