According to recent statistics, 1 in 3 people knows someone affected by addiction or have someone in their own family struggling. And they don’t know what to do…
Help is here.
TOMORROW, April 28th, the Together We Can Convention will be held to address addiction and drug epidemic issues in Bucks County. This convention will feature over 95 resource tables and groups, action-based workshops on addiction, prevention & recovery along with speakers, testimonies, and musicians. Parents, friends, and families are invited to come and learn what to do if they are faced with this situation and provide takeaways and action for help.
This event is being held at the NAC Sports Training Center, 120 Pheasant Run, Newtown PA 18940
Here are some highlights to look for at this free event:
- Parents – learn the signs. There will be a “mock teen bedroom” drug paraphernalia display and a K-9 unit coming to help parents know the signs and what to look for with their kids.
- Real talk with local public officials. Meet and greet area for all the elected officials and those running for office in Bucks County to meet the community and address the opiate issues and where they stand with the progress.
- Drug take-back disposal location at the event
- A blessing bag collection site
- Free food, takeaways, music and raffles
For more info go to togetherwecanconvention.org or visit them on Facebook.