Jousts and sword fights are about to go down in Wrightstown and readers are going to be the ultimate winners. It’s time for the Village Renaissance Faire, September 15 through 16. Proceeds from the fair benefit the library. Admission to this local favorite event is $10 for adults, $5 for students and children under five are free.
During the fair, the grounds of the Middletown Grange Fair will be converted into a 12th through 16th-century village named Penn’s Park.
The village has merchant booths, living history pavilions, food courts, gaming areas, multi-cultural enclaves, craft corners and a special family-friendly Kid’s Kingdom.
Participants can enjoy history, crafts and interactive play. All Faire workers are dressed for the action and visitors are welcomed to join in on the fun, dressing as everything from peasants to nobility. If you forgot your costume the library has you covered as you can rent your wares for the day and get in on all of the fun. Even kids can grab beautiful wares complete with hats and hardware.
The Living History Pavilion provides the opportunity to watch the mending of armor, henna tattoos, the illumination of manuscripts, hand-to-hand combat and archery, among other demonstrations. It will be difficult to decide what to do (or what to do first) as performers fill multiple stages and sets begin every half-hour.
The biggest draw of the weekend will be two full armored horseback jousts. To get GPS directions to the fair enter 557 Penns Park Road in Newtown.
- Flying Birds of Prey @ High NOON & 4:00 p.m.
- LIVE Horseback Jousting– twice Daily
- Living Literature by Period Productions
- 10 stages of live song, dance, theatre, puppetry, juggling, and more
- 3 free craft pavilions & 2 living history demonstration areas
- A walking tree, roaming wishes, and Pyrates of Fortune’s Folly
- Chaste Treasure- 4x a day, seriously
- Fall In-Love with Fire-Fire breathing, Blade walking, & Hot Coals
- Working Trebuchet Catapult & other Weapons of War
- Aerialist shows every hour
- Human Chess, Archery
- Games, contests, workshops, lessons, carriage rides, pony riders, interactive play
- Merlin’s Mystical World of Captured Air (a.k.a. inflatables for modern sorts)
- Wrightstown’s Own Medieval Fantasies- Tic-Tac-Cluck, Assault the Keep with Crossbows, Chickenshot into a Pot, Ring Toss, Jacobs Ladder, “How Fast you can throw a Fit.”
- Children’s Quest, Dragon sized Games, Kids’ Kingdom
- Human Flail & Merlin’s World of Captured Aire
- Petting Zoo, Carriage & Pony Rides
- Crafts, Games & Inflatables