The 4th of July is all about great barbecues, and everyone knows that the foundation of a great barbecue is fantastic food! For locals near Doylestown, Del Val Market is pulling out all the stops to help make this year’s Independence Day BBQs extra tasty. After all, what better way to celebrate America’s Independence than with the help of independently produced, local food?
Below, check out some creative ways to spice up the big party:
– Taste the difference of Del Val’s locally grown fruits and veggies, many of them grown just hundreds of feet away, & make a show-stopping fruit salad or veggie dish. There are few things more satisfying than biting into a truly FRESH tomato! Check out Chow Magazine’s July 4th Recipe for Herbed Heirloom Tomato Salad here.
– It’s not a barbecue with corn on the cob- period. Del Val Market has fresh corn straight from the farm in stock!
The Main Ingredients:
- 1 fresh imported Italian Buffalo Mozzarella Ball (aka Mozzarella di Bufala DOP)
- 2# fresh ground 90/10 lean sirloin
- 4 French croissants
- 1 head of Bibb lettuce
- 2 or 3 Roma tomatoes
- Basil sprig
- Cream of balsamic vinegar (or aged)
- Fresh ground black pepper and sea salt
- Small wedge of Parmigiano Reggiano
- Drain mozzarella ball and wrap in a paper towel.
- Portion out ground beef into 4-8 ounce patties. Press into ovals.
- Slice croissants in half then slice mozzarella and tomatoes into ¼ inch strips.
- Cook burgers on grill (or pan) and season lightly with cracked black pepper and sea salt. When done, place burgers on the bottoms of the croissants then quickly layer the mozzarella, tomatoes, fresh basil and lettuce on top.
- Allow to sit for 30 seconds in order to allow the residual heat to melt the cheese.
- Drizzle balsamic on top (just a little!) then finish with grating Reggiano liberally on top of the burger.
- Top off the croissant, sit by the pool, relax, take a bite and enjoy a great way to start Summer!
What is a sponsored post?